The Media Product Manager will own the quality of audio, video, and client network traversal and connectivity to the BlueJeans Meetings and Events services. The right candidate will be able to lead a highly talented technical team to solve some of the most challenging problems in the communications industry today and educate leadership field teams on what it takes to do so.
This is an opportunity where someone who possesses the right technical background and experience can learn to become a Product Manager and drive strategies that make a major difference in the overall success of the BlueJeans Platform.
- Understanding of streaming media and media optimization for real time communication.
- Strong networking background with understanding of firewalls, proxies, networking protocols, and other border controller solutions.
- Knowledge of industry audio and video codecs, and what sets them apart from one another
- Basic understanding of telecommunication networks and systems.
- Strong understanding of routing and switching and how it impacts voice and video quality over IP networks.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with both technical and executive stakeholders.
- Highly analytical with a pragmatic approach to solving technical problems.
- Product Management or Project Management experience.
- Computer science background, with emphasis in audio and video media.
- Basic understanding of machine learning and proficient in SQL.
- Passion for usability and delighting end users.
- Strong understanding of the collaboration market.
At BlueJeans, we’re transforming the way people meet by creating a human connection in every experience. Together, we’re bringing video to everyone, regardless of location or device, including mobile, desktop, or room systems. We work with thousands of companies worldwide to upgrade everyday meetings, large-scale events, and social network broadcasts by replacing traditional web conferencing with face-to-face video communication. All our customers have one trait in common: they understand the benefits to bringing their employees, leaders, and partners closer together. Since 2009, we have raised $175M in funding led by Accel Partners, Battery Ventures, NEA, and Norwest Venture Partners.
We are an equal opportunity employer.