MobileIron is on the cutting edge of the mobile revolution. Think about how important your phone is – mobile devices are becoming increasingly critical for employees to be productive at work. This has left companies struggling to keep those devices secure while enabling access to company information and preserving employee privacy and positive user experience. More and more companies are now turning to Enterprise Mobility Management software to assist them with that priority. Thousands of organizations have selected MobileIron as the platform for their mobile strategies. In fact, MobileIron is the leading standalone EMM vendor in the 2017 Gartner Magic Quadrant and has been recognized as a Leader for 7 consecutive years.
Are you excited by cloud, security, and mobile?
We are looking for passionate people to help us build the next chapter of MobileIron. Join us as we scale to meet the needs of our rapidly growing customer base.
We are looking for a very strong candidate to join MobileIron’s India team. This team is responsible for resolving customer escalations, handling critical situations, delivering maintenance and Hot Fix releases with customer defect fixes for in-field issues. Success in this role requires a solid background in security, mobile and large-scale web services.
Candidate needs to be a natural leader who has delivered complex products and is capable of providing technical leadership and mentor engineers. We are looking for a self-driving leader who has worked in high-pressure situations, has the ability to interact with multiple teams (internal and external) and getting things done. The candidate should have experience in building engineering teams.
• Masters/Bachelor’s degree (CS preferred) with 10+ years’ experience in Product Development
Experience (preferably from Sustaining Engineering background)
• Should have been people manager for 3+ years
Key Required Skills:
• Analyze and continuously improve processes.
• Ability to hire, retain and develop high performance teams.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the team and with peer teams
• Expertise in Java programming language & in supporting large-scale systems
• Strong troubleshooting techniques
• Lead a team of engineers specializing in Java, cloud technologies, iOS and Android. In addition, serve as coach, mentor and technical advisor.
• Strong Networking & Systems fundamentals related to performance, scale and factors outside the JVM that impact the system
• Help/ mentor/ Drive the team to diagnose complex problems encountered by MobileIron's on-premise and cloud solutions
• Lead the team in evaluating future releases for troubleshooting, maintainability and supportability.
• Work with Engineering management, Technical Support, and Field engineers to prioritize incoming requests from the field.
• Improve the defect resolution process for minimized latency and increased customer satisfaction.
• Strong confluence management (JIRA) & capabilities to generate reports
• Familiarity with Kanban Agile methodology
• Experience working with cross-functional and cross-organizational teams and with different levels of leadership throughout an organization
• Ability to build supportability features to reduce customer escalation
• Demonstrated ability to lead a team of engineers in delivery of substantial software components
• Ability and confidence to escalate issues in a timely and effective manner for rapid resolution
• Be able to effectively attract and retain top talent
• Experience with release planning and resource planning
• Track record that demonstrates an understanding of engineering best-practices
• Ability to understand customer requirements and objectives, engineer product accordingly