Qventus is looking for an energetic, personable and quick-learning healthcare professional to assist us in working with hospital clients to expand existing use cases, develop new modules and drive outcomes by leveraging the Qventus platform. The role requires someone who is quick and eager to learn, passionate about making healthcare operations more efficient, and technically-minded.
The hospital pharmacy ops consultant will serve a critical role in developing strong relationships with key clinical / operations leadership and end users in our client hospitals - understand their operating environment and workflow needs, and lead clients to optimize pharmacy workflows and operations. The consultant will advise and assist hospital users on how to best integrate Qventus product features into these processes, solicit feedback on Qventus product features, synthesize their ideas and feedback, and collaborate with Qventus technical teams for product improvement. Further, this person will be expected to think creatively about new use cases for the product and work with the product, data science and engineering teams to scope, develop and implement new solutions, use cases and applications for the Qventus platform. He/she will also be a resource to the project team during deployments at new clients to assess the operating environment and identify critical success factors and risks that may affect the success of the deployment and client outcomes. The consultant will work closely with end users and technical staff to properly configure our products and ensure all important use cases are addressed. Once the software is deployed, he/she will maintain periodic contact with users to ensure Qventus solutions are being leveraged by client teams to drive expected outcomes.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A healthcare professional license with 5+ years of hospital clinical or operations experience and 2+ years in a process improvement consulting/project management/clinical informatics role with demonstrated knowledge of common inpatient / acute care workflows. Relevant experience with hospital pharmacy operations is strongly preferred.
- A track record of leading clinical teams in process improvement and redesign projects
- Experience in understanding clinical requirements, departmental information flows and the ability to creatively identify and design solutions that reflect user needs, integrate technology meaningfully within end-user workflows and are best positioned to drive desired outcomes
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal + written), project management and client service skills with the political savvy to engage with client C-suite executives
- Strong attention to detail and proven data/analytical and process redesign skills (including problem solving, quantitative reasoning and workflow mapping) in order to create a solution that drives measurable desired results and maintains client and team satisfaction
- Basic technical understanding of EMR data - including understanding of databases and object-oriented programming - with a desire to expand his/her technical knowledge
- Flexible learning mind-set to fully understand and integrate Qventus solutions with a high level of critical thinking and the ability to navigate ambiguous and dynamic circumstances and environments
- Solid written communication and documentation skills to create and edit internal and client deliverables that are succinct, articulate and meet Qventus standards of quality
To be a good fit for the company, candidates should have these intangibles:
- Ready and eager to pick up new skills as needed
- Creative problem-solver, willing to be a trailblazer
- Ready to ‘step outside’ his/her role to help teammates
- Highly dependable and detail oriented
- Mature and an excellent listener
- Demonstrated fit with Qventus culture and alignment with our core values of - plan, do, learn, improve; help others succeed; simplicity; accountability and ownership; customer empathy; total honesty delivered respectfully;
The role is a full-time one and will be based out of Mountain View, CA. The role will require some travel to client facilities - about 50%.