LOCATION: Santa Monica, CA
TITLE: Android Software Developer
REPORTS TO: Sr. Director, Client Engineering
The TigerConnect Mobile Team has immediate opportunities for extremely talented software developers who want their lines of code to have significant and measurable positive impact for users, company’s bottom line, and the healthcare industry. You will be working with world-class engineers building a secure, healthcare communication and workflow application as well as mobile SDKs for enabling partners to build custom applications powered by TigerConnect’s secure messaging infrastructure.
What You'll Own:
- Develop and architect features that run on Android devices
- Develop and architect consumable SDK for 3rd parties
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Write unit tests, fix bugs
- Work closely with product managers and UX team to take an idea from concept to delivery
- Participate in daily stand up and sprint / release planning meetings.
What You Bring to the Table:
- Solid understanding of object-oriented programming
- Extensive knowledge of Java, Kotlin and the Android SDK
- Thorough understanding of synchronous vs. asynchronous calls (threading, synchronization, AsyncTasks, etc)
- Good understanding of XML layouts for multiple devices, and the ability to create a basic, resolution independent layout from a specification without assistance.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Ideal Skills & Attributes:
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology (e.g. Scrum)
- Love simplicity and elegance, hate complexity and hacks.
- Excellent language and communication skills.
Who We Are:
As healthcare’s largest provider of clinical communication solutions, TigerConnect helps physicians, nurses, and other staff communicate and collaborate more effectively, accelerating productivity, reducing costs, and improving patient outcomes. With over 7,000 facilities, delivering hundreds of millions of messages monthly, TigerConnect continually delivers advanced product innovations and integrates with critical hospital systems such as the EHR, nurse call, and scheduling solutions. It is recognized as a top Must-See LA Tech Office, one of the 5 Sizzling Silicon Beach Startups to Watch by Entrepreneur, and one of the Best Places to Work in Healthcare for 2015, 2016, and 2017. TigerConnect currently has over 120 employees with offices in Santa Monica, San Jose, and Shanghai.
Why We’re Different:
- We are the largest provider of clinical communication and collaboration solutions in the U.S.
- We're making much-needed, major changes in the healthcare industry - allowing nurses and doctors to treat more patients, more quickly
- Prime office space in the major tech ecosystems of California - Silicon Beach and Silicon Valley - each complete with a loaded fridge and tons of other perks (think rock climbing wall, food trucks, yoga, happy hours & more)
- An opportunity to work closely with a proven executive team, board, and serial entrepreneurs (www.tigerconnect.com/about)
- A fun environment that embraces a “work hard-play hard” culture
- We have team members that love what they do and are willing to go the extra mile to help clients, support the company's rapid growth, and ultimately optimize healthcare workflows
- This is a full time opportunity with a competitive salary, medical benefits, and 401K matching plan