About our Role:
Udemy is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst, based in San Francisco, CA, and reporting to the Director, FP&A. You will be a key member of a small but growing FP&A team and serve as a key financial interface between Finance and the Marketing team. You will bring best practices and thoughtful approaches to modeling the short term and long term revenue forecast. You will monitor actual performance against the Budget and partner with the business to adjust as necessary. You will also be responsible for delivering value-added revenue and marketing analysis that leads to insightful, accurate business decision-making. The role is a highly visible role within Udemy and works cross-functionally with the Marketing and Data teams to prepare timely and accurate revenue forecasts, along with participating in special projects including business opportunity analysis.
You love rolling up your sleeves and diving into all activities associated with revenue and marketing forecasting. You are humble and curious. You have an understanding of cohort dynamics and can build a complex model from scratch for a direct to consumer marketplace business. You possess a strong collaborative approach and are able to build effective relationships with cross-functional departments to deliver accurate forecasts results. You seek to understand business drivers, initiatives and blockers. You have strong organizational and communication skills and are able to balance competing priorities. You take initiative and are able to work in a dynamic environment across all levels of management and across functions and geographies. You are confident, energetic, demonstrate good judgment and are able to influence outcomes globally, with a smile and good sense of humor.
- Responsible for all financial planning and analysis activities related to revenue and marketing, including financial reporting, preparation and management of the annual revenue and marketing spend goals
- Prepare monthly and quarterly financial revenue reviews for executive management pinpointing areas of potential shortfalls or opportunities
- Identify and monitor key revenue and marketing metrics such as ROI, ROAS, LTV and CAC
- Produce long and short term financial plans, ensuring strong linkage between both, to support critical expansion and operational strategies
- Improve revenue planning processes and systems (Excel or Adaptive Insights) to enhance management visibility and decision-making.
- Partner with Marketing and Data teams to understand data structures, align on definitions and data sources and build automation of agreed upon metrics.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in Finance or related field
- Experience in a company with hyper growth, $100+ million annual revenue, ideally in an ecommerce or marketplace
- 3-5 years of progressive, relevant experience (FP&A, corporate finance or investment banking)
- Thoughtful financial modeling capabilities, preferably with experience in high transaction volume or cohort modeling
- Strong systems aptitude and proficiency, including expert Excel skills. Experience working with BI tools and large data sets
- Experience working with internal Marketing and Data teams
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously with a thoughtful level of attention to detail
- Strong understanding of GAAP revenue recognition standards as well as marketing accruals
- Ability to be exacting and thorough, while still meeting deadlines. Excellent problem-solving diagnosis and analytical skills