As a Product Marketing Manager, you will help define, influence and bring new products and features to market. You will take an insights and data-driven approach to uncover end user (instructor/student) needs, understand industry trends and influence Udemy's roadmaps to deliver differentiated and delightful experiences for our end users.
You will collaborate with research teams to conduct new research on users and competitive insights to identify unique opportunities for the Udemy Marketplace. You will work closely with partners across marketing, brand, marketplace operations, product, design, support and engineering teams, to develop integrated go-to-market plans for our upcoming product and program launches. You’re comfortable juggling multiple priorities and managing input and expectations across key stakeholders.
This role reports to the Director of Product Marketing.
- Cross-functional stakeholders - partner with product, design, engineering, and research to support product roadmaps, strategy and execution
- Product positioning – drive and support research and testing to deliver high confidence, differentiated product messaging
- Market intelligence – become the expert on the competition and leverage the knowledge to help position Udemy for success
- End user insights – translate insights and analysis to shape product roadmap/feature development, messaging, and marketing approach
- Communications - produce and execute product narratives across key communication channels
- Product go to market – plan the launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the plan
- Project manage - lead projects of cross-functional groups that do not report to you
- Develop and build strong internal and external relationships with key stakeholders in an effort to collaborate and drive the overall business
- 3-5 years of direct or indirect product marketing experience; previous CPG or B2C product marketing role a huge plus
- Strong experience in developing simple, consumer-oriented messaging and positioning based on market research and insights
- A customer-centric view with a passion for gaining customer insights and translating insights into strategies and executions
- Solid analytical ability, with track record of “test & learn” mindset
- Inquisitive and comfortable with collaborating with different cross-functional teams
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills
- Direct and cross-functional management experience
- Demonstrated ability to set strategic direction for go-to-market plans
- Proven experience leading, project managing, and executing large multi-faceted projects
- A passion for Udemy and our mission