Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is seeking a thoughtful and experienced UX Copywriter to join our growing New York creative team.
For this dual role, you’ll partner with our digital design, product management, and engineering teams to be the go-to writer for casper.com. You’ll focus on writing, testing, and iterating customer-focused solutions to optimize our on-site experience.
On the other side, you’ll partner with our marketing and creative teams to create results-driven landing pages to grow Casper’s audience and drive conversion. Across all of these touch-points, you’ll collaborate with our brand copywriters to maintain a consistent voice.
We’re looking for someone who’s equal parts writer, content strategist, researcher, and analytical thinker. The ideal candidate will be able translate complex user experience concepts into simple, on-brand content. You think about copy in systems, and you’re motivated by iterating and improving their work for the best results.
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
- Plan, write, and edit content across Casper's digital landscape
- Participate in UX research to identify opportunities for enhancements and optimizations; use metrics to inform and validate your work
- Work collaboratively with the digital design team to prototype, wireframe, and test new features and content
- Document guidelines that ensure best practices and UX writing principles
- Participate in brainstorms to improve site storytelling and functionality
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders and brand writers to maintain a consistent voice and narrative across multiple touchpoints
- Be self-motivated and comfortable working in a dynamic environment with tight deadlines
Our dream candidate is...
- 4+ years experience in a professional UX writing role
- An expert in content organization and information hierarchy
- A diverse writing portfolio with an emphasis on UX and content strategy
- Impeccable editorial judgment and writing ability
- Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize your workload
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Familiar with entrepreneurial and tech-driven creative environments
- E-commerce experience a big plus, but not required
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you can still spend money later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you, but if you’re feeling sleepy, take a nap before applying!