Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We’re looking for an experienced JD Edwards developer to join our Business Systems team. This individual will be part of a collaborative team working to further automate and optimize the use of JD Edwards at Casper. The candidate will support in continuous development and sophistication of Casper’s business systems with a strong focus on the use of developing interfaces to in-house systems and EDI programs for our trading partners. The learning and development possibilities are endless as we continue to increase the use of JD Edwards in this fast-paced environment.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When you’re not catching zzz’s, this is what you’ll do
Strong programming fundamentals and best in class communication skills are the foundation to a successful candidate.
- Develop and maintain interfaces between JD Edwards and other applications
- Review functional specifications and develop supporting technical design documents
- Set up, test, and maintain EDI transactions in the order to cash process to support new and existing trading partners
- Work with customer EDI teams to test and implement new transaction sets and document maps
- Provide technical production support for existing EDI integrations.
- Support the sophistication of systems architecture for wholesale trading partners
- Create new functionalities, UBEs, applications as well as support existing enhancements within the JDE platform using JDE OMW development tool set
- Troubleshoot issues using various debug methods including debugging C++ business functions
- Knowledge and experience with SQL and JDE database structures to analyze data in the database
- Participate in end user support
- Develop data extraction tools to parse and collect relevant information from a variety of sources
Our dream candidate...
- 7-10 years of experience as a senior level developer in JD Edwards 8.12 or higher; at least 1 year experience in JDE 9.2.
- 5 years of experience developing EDI solutions; excellent JD Edwards product knowledge related to supporting EDI transactions. Must have experience managing EDI transactions in a high volume retail or manufacturing environment.
- Experience with various methods of data transfer, including Orchestrator.
- Experience using the EnterpriseOne programming toolset including Forms Design and BI Publisher.
- Proven record of effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and experience supporting JDE modules including, Sales Order Management, Procurement and Inventory Management, Manufacturing & Distribution, Accounting (A/R, A/P, FA), and EDI.