Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper (casper.com) is a global sleep company that launched in 2014 with an obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress sold directly to consumers. Its critically acclaimed sleep surface was developed in-house, has a sleek design, and is delivered in a small, "how did they do that?"-sized box. The company is one of the fastest-growing consumer brands of all time, and its product line has expanded to include sheets, pillows, a matching foundation, and a dog mattress. Casper was named one of Fast Company's 50 Most Innovative Companies in 2017, and its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
The Casper Retail team is looking for a New Store Opening Trainer to train and onboard our growing store fleet. In this role, you will be the teams’ first interaction with the Casper Brand and you will have the rare opportunity to deeply inspire our newest Sleep Specialists.
In addition to training new store teams during the new store opening process, you will also serve as the stores’ single point of contact for the first 60 - 90 days post-open. This will allow you to create a strong relationship with the stores, helping them navigate the Casper brand, processes and expectations while they get up and running.
This role will be based out of our New York City headquarters; expected to travel 75% - 80% of the time.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Execute new store training curriculum as developed by the Retail Experience team (Brand Story, Product Knowledge, Clienteling Journey); cultivate and grow a strong culture of empowered, engaged and best-in-class Sleep Specialists
- Adjust training approach to accommodate learning needs
- Maintain regular communication with each new store for up to 90 days after opening and monitor performance.
- Accountable for executing ongoing training for each store during its opening period.
- Report on new store opening performance and insights to broader Retail organization.
- Inform and suggest iterations to new store training curriculum and ongoing training program, working cross-functionally with New Store Opening team, Learning & Development and Retail Experience.
- Act with great agility and adaptability in a fast-paced and sometimes hectic environment. Possess mental agility, comfort with ambiguity and the capacity to change old behaviors in light of new information and needs.
- Will report to the Retail Experience Manager
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must have strong communication skills and have experience training small and large groups of people with different facilitation methods and techniques
- Must be an excellent teacher and possess the ability to take complex subjects and turn into engaging, simple and coherent training sessions
- Capable of seeing the larger picture and understanding how your role impacts and influences the larger business
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset, outstanding communication, strong capability to identify and solve problems independently
- Attention to detail, well-organized and reliable
- Fun and positive personality while being professional and eager to succeed
- Willingness to travel 60-80%, and work flexible days - including evenings, weekends, and some holidays
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience with increasing responsibilities and experience
- Knowledge of retail preferred but not required.
The syrup on your waffles
- Salary to pay your bills, a potential bonus for some splurging, and equity so that you’re part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...).
- 401K program so you have some savings for later in life.
- Extra cash incentives for being healthy and fit (we actually give you money to track your sleep!).
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Bi-weekly catered lunches to catch up with your teammates.
- Free snacks and coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- Nap pods, for those days when you stayed out a little too late...
- A full gifted bed set when you join (mattress, sheets, pillows, the works)!