Delivering quality products is the core responsibility of our Software Engineers. Developers are crucial to all aspects of the cycle – from the backend infrastructure to the finishing touches. We live and breathe a customer first, customer last mentality and our Software Engineers are the backbone to delighting customers.
The role of a Software Engineer is much more than coding – here at SnapRoute, our developers serve a critical role in every step of the software lifecycle.
As a Software Engineer at SnapRoute – you will always have a seat at the table and are expected to drive:
- The “what”, “how”, and “why” for the features we build
- Design and implementation
- Code development
- Troubleshooting and issue mitigation
- Internal and end-user support for escalations
- Collaboration with our software partners
You may also:
- Edit customer-facing documentation to ensure accuracy
- Enhance testing use cases, frameworks, or infrastructure to improve overall product quality
- Work with customers and partners on integrating features across platforms
- Lead deep-dive architectural conversations about the features and capabilities of our products
- Support sales, marketing, and product management teams by interacting with current and potential customers
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 5 or more years of relevant industry experience
- Experience with application containerization concepts and technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus, Etcd). Strong preference would be given to those skilled in customizing and extending Kubernetes for resource constrained environments.
- Familiarity with DevOps cloud tools on AWS/GCP/Azure, Docker, Git, Apache Mesos, Kubernetes, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, and Swarm
- Strong development background in C, C++, Golang, Python or equivalent
- Development Expertise in REST, JSON API
- Strong Experience with object-oriented code bases and algorithmic experience
- Expertise in distributed systems design, distributed logging and tracing.
- Experience with application life cycle management concepts such as CI/CD and Agile development life cycle.
Nice to Haves
- Post-grad level education in relevant discipline (Masters, PhD, etc)
- Experience with end to end development ownership including automation
- Experience working with open source and 3rd party protocol suites
- Experience working in Agile environment with strong adherence to CI/CD/CT development methodologies
- Working knowledge with leading network switching/routing gear
- Experience working closely with and leveraging from Open Source repos. History of contribution to open source community is a plus.
- Experience with IPv4, TCP/IP, Routing, and Switching software. Expertise in a number of key L3/L3 networking protocols (eg. BGP, OSPF, STP, LACP, etc)