Motif is building innovative investment products and making them universally accessible. We’re a technology-driven investing company, who’s award-winning platform allows investors to trade intelligently weighted baskets of stocks built around a theme or investing style. Only at Motif can investors buy fractional shares (i.e., $100 of AMZN stock) in real-time, participate in hundreds of IPOs, and very soon add cryptoassets to their portfolio.
We’re a fun, hard-working team passionate about shipping high-quality products. Headquartered in sunny San Mateo, California, we’re backed by top-tier investors such as Goldman Sachs, J.P.Morgan, Foundation Capital and have been recognized as a pioneer in the investing space by Forbes, Fast Company, TechCrunch, CNBC, Finnovate, NerdWallet, and others.
The ideal candidate will have experience building scalable, responsive and elegant web applications. They should have a proven career of developing high quality code and exhibit strong software engineering skills. They must have a passion for delivering technical and complex applications through intuitive user interfaces.
- Design and implement superb cross browser and mobile interfaces using cutting edge technologies to support securities and crypto-asset trading.
- Collaborate with the product team and back-end developers, to push the limits of existing UI technology and create the best possible user experience
- Create rapid UI prototypes, as needed, for evaluation
- Partner with all functional groups to ensure that the software delivered is high quality and easy to manage in a production environment
- Participate in all aspects of an iterative software development process, including: scoping, detailed design, effort estimation, coding, testing, debugging, maintenance and support
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience required
- Ability to design, code, unit test and debug complex DOM-based web applications supporting multiple browsers
- Experience with launching and supporting consumer facing products
- Fluent with HTML and CSS, while being able to code them by hand
- Familiarity with developing for mobile devices, a plus
- Financial industry experience with electronic trading systems, a plus