Motif is building innovative investment products and making them universally accessible. We’re a technology-driven investing company, who’s award-winning platform allows investors to trade intelligently weighted baskets of stocks built around a theme or investing style. Only at Motif can investors buy fractional shares (i.e., $100 of AMZN stock) in real-time, participate in hundreds of IPOs, and very soon add cryptoassets to their portfolio.
We’re a fun, hard-working team passionate about shipping high-quality products. Headquartered in sunny San Mateo, California, we’re backed by top-tier investors such as Goldman Sachs, J.P.Morgan, Foundation Capital and have been recognized as a pioneer in the investing space by Forbes, Fast Company, TechCrunch, CNBC, Finnovate, NerdWallet, and others.
Senior Test Automation Engineer would be working Automation as a hands on task. Some functional testing is expected to bring the candidate up to speed on the platform. A qualified candidate must be self-sufficient to set all the requirements for Automation Development Testing. Strong experiences in automation frameworks and continuous integration are required.
- love working in an environment where you constantly experiment and iterate quickly.
- care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- find yourself advocating for the importance of test automation
- find yourself hurrying to work, because you just thought of a new way to break the application
- trade stocks or cryptoassets and want to know how the trades work
- believe data is the most powerful tool for informed decision-making
Identify with the above?
Some principles guiding our engineers: “Always be shipping”, “Value delivery”, “Strive for perfect”, and “Don't be afraid to fail”. Ultimately, we are excited about our impact on the world and are looking for engineers who are curious, generous and can hustle in a fast-paced environment.
You get a lot of creative freedom to solve your tasks and you are responsible for the whole lifecycle of every feature from initial requirements to release, ops and follow-up.
- Keep abreast of emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies across the electronic trading and smart portfolio management landscapes
- Learn and test the ins and outs of equity and cryptoassets trading
- Collaborate with other engineers, product owners, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems
- Write & test code that truly works—code that is elegant & scales well
- Focus on fast, iterative & agile development and also shepherd agile practices and processes
- Ensure performance, scalability, availability & security in everything you do
- Contribute to platform-level technology, strategy & decisions
- Engage in the business goals as well as the technology
- BS, or equivalent work experience, in Computer Science, Math, or related technical field (experience writing good software is a suitable replacement for a technical degree)
- Deep proficiency in a programming language such as Java and/or Python
- Experience with testing all aspects of the product/system like function/component, system, performance, regression and service, with an emphasis
- Big points for experience with test automation
- Experience in working with development teams to identify and capture test cases, ensure version management
- Experience setting up of test environments, designing test plans, developing test cases/scenarios/usage cases, and executing these cases.
- Comfortable working in a small, dynamic, and fast-paced team
- Strong capabilities of observation, analysis, synthesis
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Past co-workers attest to your prowess & agility in building great products
Technologies we use:
- Testing framework: Selenium Webdriver, Appium, REST assured.
- Infrastructure: AWS (and non cloud hosted computing)
- Datastores: MySQL, DynamoDB, Redshift, S3
- Data Processing: Lambda, Kinesis
- Microservices: Spring, Play, Docker, Elastic Beanstalk, ECS, Zookeeper