Want to help people get the financial protection they need — and feel confident in their choices? Policygenius is a NYC-based tech startup that makes it easy to compare and buy insurance online. Since 2014, we’ve raised over $52 million of venture capital, established ourselves as a pioneer in Fintech and helped more than 4.5 million people get vital coverage for their families.
We're rapidly growing and looking for people with grit, great attitudes and creative problem-solving skills to join our powerhouse team. Come see why we were voted one of INC's best workplaces of 2018!
Software Engineering at Policygenius
Policygenius continues to disrupt the insurance industry by delivering innovative technology-driven experiences. Our talented yet humble software engineering team is dogma-free and experiment driven. We are relentless in our drive to reliably deliver outstanding products at scale. We are growing fast, but we can go further faster with experienced, collaborative, challenge-seeking engineers like yourself.
As an Engineering Manager you will be guiding the careers of software engineers, partnering with product managers to create innovative products, and forging the technical vision for your team. You are a servant leader who focuses on technical mentorship and coaching. You work with feature teams, helping them learn and adapt to a changing environment. You help developers find technical and leadership opportunities. Above all, you are a change agent who pushes yourself and those around you for excellence.
- Coach software developers to help them realize their potential
- Drive technical decisions on a multi-functional, Agile team alongside product management, product design, and product marketing
- Facilitate design workshops to guide the development of a scalable and high quality architecture
- Collaborate with engineering leadership to create a technical vision for the products of tomorrow
- Experiment with an open-minded team that is always exploring new technologies
- Ship exceptional products that people love! (we’re proud to be building a company that has customers who consistently refer their friends and family, with an industry-leading NPS of ~78!)
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer, designing applications and/or service-based systems
- 1+ years managing a software development team
- A proven track record of mentoring and developing the careers of software engineers
- Forged strong partnerships with product managers
- Strong communication skills and the ability to comfortably articulate your thoughts and decisions
- The ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Significant experience in one or more of the following:
- Data Engineering: ETL / Data Warehousing
- Test Engineering
- React or an Equivalent Web Framework
- Relational Databases
- Company-paid health, dental, vision, life & disability insurance
- 401(k) plan, FSA & commuter benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Training, mentorship and coaching from leadership
- The opportunity to grow alongside a company shaking up a big, old-fashioned industry
- Fun, diverse, open-minded coworkers
- Dog companionship
- Some fun surprises when you join… (Shhh… It’s a secret!)
Technologies You Will Use
Policygenius currently spends much of its time using these tools, but we’re committed to working on the right tech for the job, and always open to fresh ideas, new technologies, and better ways of getting things done.