- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 08/05/2022
- Website: pchintl.com
- Company Address: 135 Mississippi Street, San Francisco, CA, 94107, US
About PCH InternationalPCH International is a company that works with organizations to engineer, develop, source, manufacture, postpone, and distribute products as well as manage supply chains. It helps companies take products from concept to consumer and each step along the way from design engineering and development, to manufacturing and fulfillment, to retail. The company serves sectors, including personal care and beauty, health and fitness, home and lifestyle, accessories and peripherals, audio and entertainment, appcessories, as well as smart retail.
What sets PCH apart is our people. We celebrate and value the unique voice each person brings to PCH. We are committed to strengthening our teams by creating opportunity and developing careers with people of different backgrounds, including race, religion, culture, ability, identity, orientation, gender, age, experience, perspective and more. Be you and be part of our team.
With an impressive customer roster, we are growing our team. We are looking to recruit talented, passionate and driven individuals to our exceptional team in Shenzhen, China. Our Innovation Hub is home to our product development and new product introduction team, including mechanical, electrical, firmware, process, tooling, equipment, and quality engineers, program managers and operational staff. Partnering with our product engineering colleagues in San Francisco, we work together to guide our customers through our product development platform from concept to the consumer out-of-box experience.
Does this sound like the place for you? Please read through the job description carefully and submit all requested application materials. We are thrilled to be growing our team and can't wait to meet you!
Provide robust part/assembly mechanical design to achieve world-class product.
· Develop detail drawing and specification for products using 3D CAD packages. Product to be electronic devices, accessories, soft goods (leather and fabric related), and/or combination of both.
· General robust part and assembly 3D model throughout the product development models and renderings, as well as production level surfaces and features for engineering and tooling.
· Generate fully tolerance 2D drawings for tooling suppliers prior to mass production for products with demanding geometric and cosmetic requirements.
· Collaborate with the internal product development team on material selection, part design and manufacturing feasibility, along with the cosmetic requirements of new parts and tool design.
· Be responsible for complete CAD database for new projects, ensuring all engineering changes are updated and documented.
· To manage and complete Mechanical Design to achieve the world-class product.
· Work together with the product development team in the design & work with Process Engineer to prepare drawings for prototype and production jigs and fixtures.
· Participate in the product development process by providing in the Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis on client specifications & influence client specifications through design recommendations.
· Help the operation team to fix/debug the product design issue to ensure the production smooth.
· Generate production specification/validation documents.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar.
· 8+ years' experience as mechanical engineer, delivering robust and feasible models featuring challenging tolerance cosmetic requirement.
· Experience resolving tolerance stack-up and interference issues on 3D models.
· Proficiency in 2D/3D CAD packages such as SolidWorks, AutoCAD ProE or UG is essential
· Certain understanding of raw material property.
· Certain understanding of design flow and procedure.
· Awareness of manufacturing processes including injection molding, metals fabrication and secondary finishing process.
· Experience in Jig and Fixture design for high volume consumer electronics
· Ability to work in product development team of engineers as well as an ability to work independently.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills and creative, analytical and detail orientated work ethic.
· Fluent in both Mandarin and English.
If it can be imagined, it can be made.
At PCH, we push past the normal standards of customer satisfaction, engineering and manufacturing ingenuity, and what it means to be a collaborative team.
We partner with innovative Fortune 500 companies and startups that are passionate about design, brand, and the consumer experience. We help guide product development through all phases of the product journey -- from concept and design engineering, manufacturing, postponement and fulfillment, to supply chain and inventory management. Hardware development is fast-paced and rewarding. At PCH we are proud to celebrate our successes as a team.
If you are an imaginative, thoughtful, and open-minded innovator, we'd love to meet you.