- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Web/Graphic Design/Internet
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: replicant.ai
- Company Address: 582 Market St, #905, San Francisco, CA, 94104
About ReplicantReplicant is a Conversational AI technology that works out of the box to solve customer problems over the phone. The platform lets you offer high-touch customer service without hiring, offshoring, or adding complex technical infrastructure to your call center.
Replicant was founded on the belief that machines are ready to have useful, complex conversations that will transform the way they interact with the world, starting with customer service.
Replicant is building the world's first autonomous contact center that works out-of-the-box to solve customer problems over the phone using voice AI. You can think of Replicant Voice as a self-service, Thinking Machine™. Just like agents, Replicant is able to speak with customers in a natural tone, answer questions without delay, and deflect calls to resolve customer issues quickly. Now, enterprise customers can eliminate hold times, manage unpredictable call volumes, and give agents time back to resolve high empathy cases with a new, human + AI operating model.
If you're excited by AI and human-to-machine communications and want to make an impact with great technologists and strong go-to-market leaders, then look no further. We've grown our team by 3x, increased revenue by 4x, and were named a top enterprise AI company by The Information. We currently serve Fortune 500 customers, run millions of AI calls per month in production, and are increasing our footprint globally.
As senior product designer, you’ll have an opportunity to join an early-stage product team and help make a huge impact on Replicant’s growth trajectory. This is a unique multi-disciplinary design role; you will oversee and apply design thinking to our visual interfaces, as well as our voice interfaces—a rare chance to help define best practices in the emergent field of conversation design. As part of the product team, you’ll work closely with a very cross-functional team (spanning product management, engineering, ML, professional services and more) spread across the San Francisco Bay Area, Seattle, and Canada to help shape the culture of design, research, and product development.
What You'll Do
- Work with product managers and engineers to define both the long-term strategy and the short-term tactics—not just “how it looks” but “what should we build?” — then executing and iterating toward the most intuitive, elegant solutions possible.
- Advocate for human-centered design inside and outside Replicant.
- Have a strong understanding of, and ability to advocate for human-centered design principles.
- Own end-to-end design process with input from team/manager.
- Regularly present and communicate your designs to the wider cross-functional team. You know how to present your designs effectively and persuasively, while maintaining a growth mindset and being open to iterating based on feedback.
- Contribute to our design “north star,” our brand principles, and ensure they are realized through your work.
- Roll up your sleeves and create high-fidelity mockups and prototypes.
- Test, learn and iterate on everything you do; you know how to ship quickly and learn from users/customers to validate assumptions. Roll up your sleeves and create high-fidelity mockups and prototypes.
- Test, learn and iterate on everything you do; you know how to ship quickly and learn from customers to validate assumptions.
What You'll Bring
- 3+ years professional experience working cross-functionally with product, engineering, etc.
- Strong UX and visual design skills.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- An ability to define measures of success, test your assumptions and outcomes, and continuously incorporate feedback.
- An appetite to constantly improve your skills, quality of work, and collaborate with a fun team along the way.
- Bonus if you have:
- Previous experience with conversation or voice design.
- Previous experience at a startup/enterprise software company.
- You’ve led the charge for (or contributed to) a design system or component library.
- Experience designing operational tools, intelligence tools, and/or dashboard-based products.
- Aptitude for making complex concepts understandable for non-technical users.
For all employees, we offer:
🏠 Remote working environment that respects time zone differences
💸 Highly competitive salaries, equity, and for US Employees, a 401(k) plan
🏥 Top of the line healthcare (medical, vision, and dental)
🌴 Unlimited paid time off, with a minimum of 15 days off per year
✈️ Amazing team trips & offsites where you can find our CEO baking bread for the team
Replicant has three core values. It is critical that everyone who joins the team feels excited and moved by these values as every new team member makes an impact on our culture.
Blade Runners: We take ownership and pride to influence the outcomes of our goals. We are successful, and like a Blade Runner, use the tools at our disposal to reach our objectives. We value open and honest communication and proactively seek feedback along the way. We are a company driven to grow and achieve both individually and as a team.
Bread Makers: We are humble and strive toward an egalitarian culture. No task is too big or too small. We work together to achieve our goals and develop our company mission. We believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts in everything that we do.
Självdistans (Self-Distance): Självdistans is Swedish for self-distance. It's the ability to critically reflect on oneself and one's relations from an external perspective. With this in mind, we act with objectivity and always remember that we are not our work. There's no perfect science to growing a team or business, but we trust everyone at Replicant to point out our blind spots and humbly admit their own.