- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Hardware
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 08/05/2022
- Website: pchintl.com
- Company Address: 135 Mississippi Street, San Francisco, CA, 94107, US
About PCH InternationalPCH International is a company that works with organizations to engineer, develop, source, manufacture, postpone, and distribute products as well as manage supply chains. It helps companies take products from concept to consumer and each step along the way from design engineering and development, to manufacturing and fulfillment, to retail. The company serves sectors, including personal care and beauty, health and fitness, home and lifestyle, accessories and peripherals, audio and entertainment, appcessories, as well as smart retail.
At PCH, we encourage you to be you.
What sets PCH apart is our people. We celebrate and value the unique voice each person brings to PCH. We are committed to strengthening our teams by creating opportunity and developing careers with people of different backgrounds, including race, religion, culture, ability, identity, orientation, gender, age, experience, perspective and more. Be you and be part of our team.
With an impressive customer roster, we are growing our team. We are looking to recruit talented, passionate and driven individuals to our exceptional team in Shenzhen, China. Our Innovation Hub is home to our product development and new product introduction team, including mechanical, electrical, firmware, process, tooling, equipment, and quality engineers, program managers and operational staff. Partnering with our product engineering colleagues in San Francisco, we work together to guide our customers through our product development platform from concept to the consumer out-of-box experience.
Does this sound like the place for you? Please read through the job description carefully and submit all requested application materials. We are thrilled to be growing our team and can't wait to meet you!
· Lead our supply base partners in the design and development of world-class tooling and manufacturing processes for new development projects with demanding geometric and cosmetic requirements.
· Influence the tool design and manage the fabrication schedule, along with the process development and tooling qualification with our clients and our supply base partners.
· Collaborate with the internal product development team & the client on material selection, part design and manufacturing feasibility, along with the cosmetic requirements of new parts and tool designs.
· Serve as a tooling and process expert by leveraging a thorough understanding of the properties of various mold-making materials and tool component fabrication techniques.
· Investigate and implement industry best practices in tool design and fabrication, across a range of material and process requirements including plastic molding, metal part fabrication and secondary decorative and finishing processes.
· Take a leading role in driving improved process controls, increased productivity, improved quality of molded parts and best tooling techniques with our supply base partners.
· Participate in the product development process by completing Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analysis on client specifications & influence client specifications through design recommendations.
· Evaluate tooling requirements for new projects, review supplier capabilities, and influence supplier selection based on supplier capability, cost targets, and part quality requirements and complexity.
· Provide piece part and tooling cost estimates for new development project budgets.
· Collaborate with the internal project team to ensure tooling capacity fulfills the manufacturing forecast for all new development projects.
· Bachelor's Degree of Mechanical Engineering or similar.
· 15+ years experiences in a Tooling Engineering role with 8+ years experiences as a Senior Tooling Engineer.
· Thorough understanding of injection molding equipment, parameters, processes and controls, including two shot and insert molding.
· Demonstrated experience in injection mold tool design for high volume consumer electronics with challenging tolerance and cosmetic requirements.
· Demonstrated DFM experience and proven track record of innovative tooling solutions for high volume consumer electronic products.
· Excellent plastics materials and secondary process manufacturing knowledge such as machining, coatings and sub-assembly.
· Proficient in 3D CAD packages such as Pro E or Solidworks, and mold flow analysis software packages.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills and a proven record of tooling supplier management.
· Familiar with industry leading test and inspection equipment.
If it can be imagined, it can be made.
At PCH, we push past the normal standards of customer satisfaction, engineering and manufacturing ingenuity, and what it means to be a collaborative team.
We partner with innovative Fortune 500 companies and startups that are passionate about design, brand, and the consumer experience. We help guide product development through all phases of the product journey -- from concept and design engineering, manufacturing, postponement and fulfillment, to supply chain and inventory management. Hardware development is fast-paced and rewarding. At PCH we are proud to celebrate our successes as a team.
If you are an imaginative, thoughtful, and open-minded innovator, we'd love to meet you.