- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Healthcare
- Post Date: 06/23/2022
- Website: qventus.com
- Company Address: 295 Bernardo Ave, Mountain View, California 94043, US
About QventusQventus’ mission is to simplify how healthcare operates so it just works — for everyone.
The U.S. health system is broken with too many people waiting in emergency rooms for far too long, staying in hospitals far longer than necessary, waiting far too long for surgical procedures, all of results in loss of life and massive financial and operational waste. Our work saves lives and helps hospitals cut tens of millions of dollars in operational costs, while improving the quality of care they’re able to deliver.
Qventus is a real-time decision making platform for hospital operations. Our mission is to simplify how healthcare operates, so that hospitals and caregivers can focus on delivering the best possible care to patients with the best possible outcomes. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to create products that help nurses, doctors, and hospital staff anticipate issues and make optimal operational decisions proactively.
Qventus works with leading public, academic and community hospitals across the United States. The company was recognized by the 2019 Black Book Awards in healthcare for patient flow and by CB Insights as a 2019 top 100 Most Promising Company in Artificial Intelligence. Recently, Qventus won the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Emergency Response for the Healthcare System Innovation Challenge through its work helping health systems across the country plan for and operate in the COVID pandemic.
- You will be a driving force in the shaping of our automation and tooling, as well as our development of infrastructure and platform, while working to support a high level of scalability.
- You are at home in Linux and aware of the operating system fundamentals in terms of configuration, security, and networking.
- Your real passion is software development and you think that DevOps is an enabler to help increase your ability to deliver with speed and scale.
- You possess strong fundamental knowledge of computer science and you know how to work efficiently with GitHub PRs, automated testing frameworks, and similar tools (we like Python but if you are comfortable with another language and want to learn Python, that’s great).
- You think that developing tools to enable speed of deployment as well as stability is an area of key interest that brings you great satisfaction.
- You are able to articulate the benefits and tradeoffs of competing technology choices and approaches.
- You are comfortable in a small, but high quality team environment.
- You have a deep passion for application architecture, infrastructure automation, systems and integration design, API and application development.
- Automation: Terraform module creation; AWS components such as SSM (documents; parameter store); Structuring of both IAM and SSO permissions. Navigation and security within a multi-account environment. Ansible. Bottom line, you're passionate about automation.
- Languages: Python / Java, Golang, Ruby, Shell Scripting, packaging frameworks.
- Ops: Experience working with Linux; Strong understanding of underlying principles. Why does one call execve after a fork? Kernel elements such as job scheduling and vm. Kernel services such as cron, systemctl, and selinux.
- Networking: Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP, TCP Extensions, Tunneling, IPSEC, VPCs, VPNs, external Gateways and Transit Gateways; Route propagation and its use in failover.
- Containers: Deployment and development experience using Docker; Experience configuring Kubernetes clusters in a GitOps environment. Experience with Fargate, and alternative clustering arrangements.
- Cloud Native: Experience provisioning inside a cloud environment.
Highly Desired Skills
- How to find out what you don’t know: Skilled use of Google, Stack Overflow, and community resources to find answers quickly when problems arise. Staying abreast of engineering trends. We don’t work in silos. It’s important to understand what’s coming, as well as what is here, today.
- An understanding of the core tenets of the DevOps philosophy: Transparency; Reproducibility; Automation; Scale.
- How to Identify the most impactful short term goals, and then reinvest the time dividends from previous projects to go further.
- Knowledge of secure protocols: TLS, ssh, ssm, saml2, and similar technologies used to arrange permissions for users across multiple accounts and cloud platforms.
- Familiarity with database platforms such as MyQSL and Aurora RDS. General comprehension of lambda and data pipelines for message passing, in AWS.
What we are really looking for:
- Computer science degree or equivalent experience (7+ years of engineering experience and comfort working with Python, Golang, Node, or other frameworks used for automation).
- Well-written, well-tested, high quality code to meet the needs of our team and company.
- A developer who iterates quickly, understands feedback loops and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail oriented, organized individual who is able to prioritize and balance multiple projects.
- An individual with great communication skills.
- Strong thirst to learn, especially in a startup paced environment.
- You put a high value on the documenting process and design.
Qventus is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.