- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 11/11/2022
- Website: legion.co
- Company Address: 399 Bradford St, Redwood City, California 94063, US
About LegionLegion Technologies is a company providing an AI-powered workforce management platform. It delivers demand forecasting, labor optimization, time and attendance tracking, automated scheduling, employee engagement, and analytics. The company serves clients in the retail, hospitality, health and fitness clubs, as well as food services industries.
Legion Technologies is looking for a Senior ML Engineer who will join our data science team. The ideal candidate has built and implemented machine learning models in the past. S/he must have strong experience using a variety of data mining, data analysis and machine learning methods, using a variety of data tools, building, implementing and evaluating models, using and creating algorithms and building forecasting and predictive models.
- Work with the leadership on current solutions and initiate new approaches.
- Assess the current approaches to trigger jobs in our distributed systems such as SQS and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Support the backend for the data science team and also being an expert with databases to support the team.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and accuracy.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- We’re looking for someone with 3-6 years of experience manipulating data sets and building statistical models, has a Master’s or PhD. in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or another quantitative field, and is familiar with the following software/tools:
- Coding knowledge and experience with Java and python.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ.
- Experience with: Redshift, S3, Spark.
- Experience with Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL.
Legion is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, veteran, disability status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
Types of Personal Information We Handle
We collect, store, and use various types of personal information through the application and recruitment process. We collect such information either directly from you or (where applicable) from another person or entity, such as an employment agency or consultancy, background check provider, or other referral sources. This information includes:
- Identification and contact information, and related identifiers such as full name, date and place of birth, citizenship and permanent residence, home and business addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and such information about your beneficiaries or emergency contacts.
- Professional or employment-related information, including:
- Recruitment, employment, or engagement information such as application forms and information included in a resume, cover letter, or otherwise provided through any application or engagement process; and copies of identification documents, such as driver’s licenses, passports, and visas; and background screening results and references.
- Career information such as job titles; work history; work dates and work locations; information about skills, qualifications, experience, publications, speaking engagements, and preferences; and professional memberships
- Education Information such as institutions attended, degrees, certifications, training courses, publications, and transcript information.
- Legally protected classification information such as race, sex/gender, religious/ philosophical beliefs, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, military service, nationality, ethnicity, request for family care leave, political opinions, and criminal history.
- Other information such as any information you voluntarily choose to provide in connection with your job application.
How We Use Personal Information
We collect, use, share, and store personal information from job applicants for our and our service providers’ business and operational purposes in the recruitment process such as: processing your application, tracking your application through the recruitment process, contacting references with your authorization, conducting background checks you authorize, and making hiring decisions. We will also use job applicant information for internal analysis purposes to understand the applicants who apply and to improve our recruitment process. We may sometimes need to use applicant information for legal purposes, such as in connection with any challenges made to our hiring decisions.
With Whom We Share Personal Information
We will disclose job applicant personal information to the following types of entities or in the following circumstances (where applicable):
- Internally: to other Legion personnel involved in the recruiting and hiring process.
- Vendors: such as technology service providers, travel management providers, human resources suppliers, background check companies, and employment agencies or recruiters, where applicable.
- Legal Compliance: when required to do so by law, regulation, or court order or in response to a request for assistance by the police or other law enforcement agency.
- Litigation Purposes: to seek legal advice from our external lawyers or in connection with litigation with a third party.
- Business Transaction Purposes: in connection with the sale, purchase, or merger.
- How to Contact Us About this Policy – If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.