- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Marketing/PR/Product Mktg
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 11/24/2022
- Website: diagrid.io
- Company Address: , Seattle, Washington, United States
About DiagridAt Diagrid, our focus is on application developers. We want developers to build amazing applications and offload the hard distributed systems problems when building resilient services. Diagrid's mission is to boost developer productivity by providing tools and APIs for building cloud native applications.
Who We Are
We believe that open-source software, open standards and APIs are the greatest transformational tools for organizations in the modern software development era.
Our mission at Diagrid is to provide developers with APIs and tools that help them focus on their code and not on infrastructure. As online digital services need to handle more load and run on multiple clouds or on-premises environments, programming to higher level abstractions delivers consistent, secure and reliable code that is easily portable and helps organizations de-risk their projects.
Diagrid is founded by the creators of the Dapr and KEDA open-source projects, and who led the user experience, design and development of hyper-scale infrastructure cloud services, serverless platforms and open-source projects at Microsoft.
We are backed by top VC firms and supported with industry leading investors and advisors including Joe Beda (Kubernetes Co-Founder, former Co-Founder / CTO at Heptio) Matt Klein (Creator of Envoy, Lyft), Mark Russinovich (CTO, Microsoft Azure), William Morgan (Creator of Linkerd, CEO Buoyant), Seth Vargo (Senior Staff Engineer, Google), Kris Nova (Kubernetes and distributed systems engineer), Adam Gross (Former CEO, Heroku), Sri Viswanath (Former CTO, Atlassian), Adam Frankl (Dev Marketing Expert, Neo4J & JFrog), and Roopak Venkatakrishnan (Head of platforms, Bolt).
As a developer advocate for Diagrid, you will be responsible for the relationship between Diagrid's open source programs, commercial products and software developers from around the world. You will promote standards and good development practices, by actively engaging with developer communities and raising awareness of the company's developer-centric activities. You will guide and educate developers and application teams about Dapr's value proposition and how it helps them solve complex challenges. In addition, you will also work to educate existing Dapr users about the benefits of our commercial products and the benefits they bring to developer and infrastructure teams. A Diagrid developer advocate is dedicated to open and honest communication, world-class software, and strong community citizenship.
You will interact with the most innovative engineers inside and outside of Diagrid. You will write code samples, articles and tutorials for developers. You will highlight Dapr Open Source, a wide range of technology stacks, and many contemporary software techniques & trends. You will represent Diagrid at developer conferences, events, hackathons, and with the technical press and bloggers. You will work on open-source software projects in a variety of programming languages. And you will also advocate internally for the needs of the developer community, working with Diagrid's product and engineering teams to determine features and technology strategy.
We are looking for a Developer Advocate to strengthen our open source ecosystem, ensuring we have the best-in-class technology offerings, community management and developer representation around the globe.
- Steer and drive the community engagement for Dapr
- Establish Diagrid's credibility with developers and developer communities as a thought leader and partner
- Provide code samples, docs, presentations, tutorials, and blogs for developers
- Present technical sessions at conferences, running workshops, and hands-on hackathons
- Grow, manage, and maintain a positive public profile with the community at large
- Collaborate and coordinate community-building activities with various Diagrid teams
- Provide user feedback to Diagrid engineering and product teams
- Experience of blogging, technical documentation, and developer outreach
- Experience presenting to technical audiences
- Coding experience in contemporary languages and environments
- Bonus: experience with Dapr, Kubernetes or other cloud native open source projects
- Work remotely
- Unlimited time off
- Choice of hardware
- Medical, dental & vision coverage for you and your dependents
- $1000 for home office setup
- Collaborative and supportive team
- Chance to collaborate with industry leading figures
Our Tech Stack
At Diagrid, we believe in using open-source tools and protocols to get the job done, while respecting the age old "pick the right tool for the right job" saying. As such, we expect our tech stack to be dynamic and evolving in nature while retaining our open-source strategy.
- MySQL 8.x with InnoDB
- Multiple cloud platforms, mainly GCP
Diagrid, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and intend to consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.