- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Technical/Customer Support
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 11/24/2022
- Website: diagrid.io
- Company Address: , Seattle, Washington, United States
About DiagridAt Diagrid, our focus is on application developers. We want developers to build amazing applications and offload the hard distributed systems problems when building resilient services. Diagrid's mission is to boost developer productivity by providing tools and APIs for building cloud native applications.
Who We Are
We believe that open-source software, open standards and APIs are the greatest transformational tools for organizations in the modern software development era.
Our mission at Diagrid is to provide developers with APIs and tools that help them focus on their code and not on infrastructure. As online digital services need to handle more load and run on multiple clouds or on-premises environments, programming to higher level abstractions delivers consistent, secure and reliable code that is easily portable and helps organizations de-risk their projects.
Diagrid is founded by the creators of the Dapr and KEDA open-source projects, and who led the user experience, design and development of hyper-scale infrastructure cloud services, serverless platforms and open-source projects at Microsoft.
We are backed by top VC firms and supported with industry leading investors and advisors including Joe Beda (Kubernetes Co-Founder, former Co-Founder / CTO at Heptio) Matt Klein (Creator of Envoy, Lyft), Mark Russinovich (CTO, Microsoft Azure), William Morgan (Creator of Linkerd, CEO Buoyant), Seth Vargo (Senior Staff Engineer, Google), Kris Nova (Kubernetes and distributed systems engineer), Adam Gross (Former CEO, Heroku), Sri Viswanath (Former CTO, Atlassian), Adam Frankl (Dev Marketing Expert, Neo4J & JFrog), and Roopak Venkatakrishnan (Head of platforms, Bolt).
As a customer success engineer at Diagrid, your goal is to quickly understand the customer's needs and pain points to design and implement solutions using open source and Diagrid technologies. You are an expert in listening to customers, understanding their needs and requirements, identifying wins, and writing code with them to successfully get them on a path of success using Diagrid products.
Your day-to-day consists of working with new prospective customers who are looking to use open source Dapr in their solutions, whether these are existing brownfield or new greenfield applications, and then onboarding them to Diagrid Cloud. You will engage with building customer Proof of Concept (PoC) solutions in a variety of programming languages and developer frameworks and be familiar with a broad set of technologies, especially focused in the Cloud Native space. You will use your expert knowledge of cloud engineering and system design to help customers with their most important multi-region, multi-cloud, and edge cloud challenges.
The customer success engineer is an integral part of the engineering team and you will bring your knowledge and insights from these real world customer engagements to directly impact Diagrid products. You will inform the leadership team of where you see the biggest customer pain point and help identify opportunities.
Your insights will be greatly valued and accounted for both product and even strategic direction.
We’d especially love to hear from you if you have:
Prior experience working as a DevOps engineer or cloud architect.
Experience with modern application architectures and cloud-native development practices.
Prior experience in a high-growth startup focusing on cloud and open source technologies
We strongly uphold our values and culture and actively seek this out in all people applying to this position.
You'll love this job because...
- You enjoy working to discover customer challenges and creating a unique solution prototype using your technical expertise
- You enjoy using a diversity of programing languages, developer frameworks and technologies, meeting customers with the technology they are using today and help them adapt and adopt to the cloud and open source
- You love working in a startup environment where things change rapidly, and you are directly responsible for its success
- If you have prior experience as a cloud architect creating resilient systems, but you want a dual role of architecting solutions whilst getting your hands dirty writing code in a scoped timeframe
- You are very experienced building enterprise applications, system design and how to apply it to hard-to-solve problems
- Excellent customer engagement and communication skills
- Experience in designing and building enterprise applications and solutions
- Solid understanding of computer science principles with a focus on distributed systems
- Solid developer experience in at least one of Java, .NET or Go. Good experience with Node and Python
- Experience with open source software
- Experience with Git based version control systems
- Ability to shift priorities quickly and adapt to changing circumstances
- Bonus: experience with Kubernetes, Docker or other container based systems
- Bonus: experience with public cloud provider
- Bonus: experience with developer frameworks including .ASP.NET Core, Express, Django, Spring Boot
- Bonus; experience with Dapr (http://dapr.io)
- Work remotely
- Unlimited time off
- Choice of hardware
- Medical, dental & vision coverage for you and your dependents
- $1000 for home office setup
- Collaborative and supportive team
- Chance to collaborate with industry leading figures
Our Tech Stack
At Diagrid, we believe in using open-source tools and protocols to get the job done, while respecting the age old "pick the right tool for the right job" saying. As such, we expect our tech stack to be dynamic and evolving in nature while retaining our open-source strategy.
- MySQL 8.x with InnoDB
- Multiple cloud platforms, mainly GCP
Diagrid, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and intend to consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.