- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 11/24/2022
- Website: diagrid.io
- Company Address: , Seattle, Washington, United States
About DiagridAt Diagrid, our focus is on application developers. We want developers to build amazing applications and offload the hard distributed systems problems when building resilient services. Diagrid's mission is to boost developer productivity by providing tools and APIs for building cloud native applications.
Who We Are
We believe that open-source software, open standards and APIs are the greatest transformational tools for organizations in the modern software development era.
Our mission at Diagrid is to provide developers with APIs and tools that help them focus on their code and not on infrastructure. As online digital services need to handle more load and run on multiple clouds or on-premises environments, programming to higher level abstractions delivers consistent, secure and reliable code that is easily portable and helps organizations de-risk their projects.
Diagrid is founded by the creators of the Dapr and KEDA open-source projects, and who led the user experience, design and development of hyper-scale infrastructure cloud services, serverless platforms and open-source projects at Microsoft.
We are backed by top VC firms and supported with industry leading investors and advisors including Joe Beda (Kubernetes Co-Founder, former Co-Founder / CTO at Heptio) Matt Klein (Creator of Envoy, Lyft), Mark Russinovich (CTO, Microsoft Azure), William Morgan (Creator of Linkerd, CEO Buoyant), Seth Vargo (Senior Staff Engineer, Google), Kris Nova (Kubernetes and distributed systems engineer), Adam Gross (Former CEO, Heroku), Sri Viswanath (Former CTO, Atlassian), Adam Frankl (Dev Marketing Expert, Neo4J & JFrog), and Roopak Venkatakrishnan (Head of platforms, Bolt).
This role will give you the opportunity to impact the cloud-native industry by contributing to Dapr, a widely adopted CNCF project used by Fortune 500 companies and hyper-scale cloud providers with an active and enthusiastic community.
As an open source engineer on the Dapr team you will contribute features to the Dapr project, working with the open source community and the project's maintainers. You will help the project achieve its goals by participating in project milestones, driving excellence and quality code into the project. You will work on distributed systems API that solve some of the hardest challengers developers are facing when writing cloud native applications.
As a community contributor, you will represent Diagrid in the open source ecosystem and be an example of our open and collaborative culture by interacting with other community members from a wide variety of backgrounds and companies.
You're a good fit for this role if you love tackling complex distributed systems challenges, thrive in a collaborate, community driven environment and have a strong passion for open source software.
- Contribute complex features to the Dapr upstream project
- Design software that hides complexity and delights users by being secure, reliable and easy to understand
- Collaborate with the open source community and mentor others
- Design and document operational knowledge and best practices
- Design and document high level abstractions, APIs and interfaces
- Experience with Go
- Experience in designing and building distributed systems
- Solid understanding of computer science principles with a focus on distributed systems
- Experience with Git based version control systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to shift priorities quickly and adapt to changing circumstances
- Experience in contributing to open source projects
- Bonus: experience with Dapr
- Bonus: experience with Kubernetes, Docker or other container based systems
- Work remotely
- Unlimited time off
- Choice of hardware
- Medical, dental & vision coverage for you and your dependents
- $1000 for home office setup
- Collaborative and supportive team
- Chance to collaborate with industry leading figures
Our Tech Stack
At Diagrid, we believe in using open-source tools and protocols to get the job done, while respecting the age old "pick the right tool for the right job" saying. As such, we expect our tech stack to be dynamic and evolving in nature while retaining our open-source strategy.
- MySQL 8.x with InnoDB
- Multiple cloud platforms, mainly GCP
Diagrid, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and intend to consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.