- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Enterprise
- Post Date: 11/24/2022
- Website: diagrid.io
- Company Address: , Seattle, Washington, United States
About DiagridAt Diagrid, our focus is on application developers. We want developers to build amazing applications and offload the hard distributed systems problems when building resilient services. Diagrid's mission is to boost developer productivity by providing tools and APIs for building cloud native applications.
Who We Are
We believe that open-source software, open standards and APIs are the greatest transformational tools for organizations in the modern software development era.
Our mission at Diagrid is to provide developers with APIs and tools that help them focus on their code and not on infrastructure. As online digital services need to handle more load and run on multiple clouds or on-premises environments, programming to higher level abstractions delivers consistent, secure and reliable code that is easily portable and helps organizations de-risk their projects.
Diagrid is founded by the creators of the Dapr and KEDA open-source projects, and who led the user experience, design and development of hyper-scale infrastructure cloud services, serverless platforms and open-source projects at Microsoft.
We are backed by top VC firms and supported with industry leading investors and advisors including Joe Beda (Kubernetes Co-Founder, former Co-Founder / CTO at Heptio) Matt Klein (Creator of Envoy, Lyft), Mark Russinovich (CTO, Microsoft Azure), William Morgan (Creator of Linkerd, CEO Buoyant), Seth Vargo (Senior Staff Engineer, Google), Kris Nova (Kubernetes and distributed systems engineer), Adam Gross (Former CEO, Heroku), Sri Viswanath (Former CTO, Atlassian), Adam Frankl (Dev Marketing Expert, Neo4J & JFrog), and Roopak Venkatakrishnan (Head of platforms, Bolt).
As a Backend Engineer in Diagrid Cloud, you’ll own the design, architecture and implementation of the backend services of our core products. You will factor into your work user experience, security, performance and reliability to deliver unparalleled product experience.
Our core commercial products include Diagrid Conductor, a fully managed Dapr on Kubernetes Service that streamlines the day 2 operations of Dapr on Kubernetes, and Diagrid Cloud Runtime APIs - a fleet of on-demand, serverless sidecars that bring Dapr's APIs to developers using any compute platform, be it in the cloud, on the edge or even directly from the browser.
You will get to work with cutting edge technologies in a self organizing team of amazing and supportive teammates and tackle some of the hardest problems in distributed computing.
You’re a good fit if you love tackling complex distributed systems challenges, are a team player, eager to constantly learn and improve, and have an innate passion for coding and open-source.
- Design and build Diagrid’s critical cloud infrastructure services that power up our SaaS products
- Design and build cloud services that are scalable, secure and reliable
- Build a solid engineering foundation based upon cloud-native open-source projects
- Design and document operational knowledge and best practices
- Design and document high level abstractions, APIs and interfaces
- Shape the engineering culture and set standards as the company grows
- Experience with Go
- Experience in designing and building distributed systems
- Solid understanding of computer science principles with a focus on distributed systems
- Experience with Git based version control systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to shift priorities quickly and adapt to changing circumstances
- Bonus: experience with Kubernetes, Docker or other container based systems
- Bonus: experience with Google Cloud or similar cloud provider
- Bonus: experience with Dapr
- Work remotely
- Unlimited time off
- Choice of hardware
- Medical, dental & vision coverage for you and your dependents
- $1000 for home office setup
- Collaborative and supportive team
- Chance to collaborate with industry leading figures
Our Tech Stack
At Diagrid, we believe in using open-source tools and protocols to get the job done, while respecting the age old "pick the right tool for the right job" saying. As such, we expect our tech stack to be dynamic and evolving in nature while retaining our open-source strategy.
- MySQL 8.x with InnoDB
- Multiple cloud platforms, mainly GCP
Diagrid, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity, are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and intend to consider qualified applicants with criminal histories.