- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: IT
- Industry: Consumer
- Post Date: 03/16/2023
- Website: dave.com
- Company Address: 750 N San Vicente Blvd, West Hollywood, California 90048, US
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About DaveThe finance version of David and Goliath taking on the big banks, Dave is the highest ranked personal financial management app in the country. Our mission is to build products that level the financial playing field.
Dave (Nasdaq: DAVE) is on a mission to build products that level the financial playing field. Our banking app helps millions of members bank, budget, find work, build credit, and access up to $500 advances without paying a fee. With a growing suite of tools and services, we provide a superior banking experience for anyone living paycheck to paycheck. We’re looking for high performers to be part of our journey to bring access to financial opportunity for everyone.
Dave is looking for a talented Senior Database Engineer to continue building the foundation that empowers the engineers to build products that help millions of people improve their relationship with money. If you're excited to join a tight-knit collaborative team with a mission of helping others, we'd love to hear from you!
What You'll Do
- Design, build and maintain databases systems to support features used by our 5 million users
- Databases currently in use: GCP CloudSQL (MySQL), Cloud Spanner, Cloud Bigtable, Cloud Firestore
- Automate aspects of database management, schema design and performance optimization
- Provide technical leadership and assist guiding the team's overall technical direction
- Offer mentorship and pair with other engineers regularly
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ Years of Database Engineering experience with a wide breadth of database technologies, including both SQL and NoSQL
- 1+ Years of cloud infrastructure experience, preferably GCP
- Experience programming in one or more general purpose programming languages, including but not limited to: Bash, Python or Go
- Expertise implementing secure database installations with least privilege access
- Designing and developing database architecture using various structured and unstructured data types
- Proficiency in replication, high availability and disaster recovery solutions
- Experience in query optimization, index tuning, partitions and schema maintenance
- Monitoring and alerting on database performance to identify problems that require intervention
- Collaborate across engineering teams to create new applications that use databases or modifying existing applications to improve their performance or functionality
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
Don’t let imposter syndrome get in your way of an incredible opportunity. We’re looking for people who can help us achieve our mission and vision, not just check off the boxes. If you’re excited about this role, we encourage you to apply. You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles.
Why you’ll love working here:
At Dave, our people are just as important as our product. Our culture is a reflection of our values that guide who we are, how we work, and what we aspire to be. Daves are member centric, helpful, transparent, persistent, and better together. We strive to create an environment where all Daves feel valued, heard, and empowered to do their best work. As a virtual first company, team members can live and work anywhere in the United States, with the exception of Hawaii.
A few of our benefits & perks:
• Opportunity to tackle tough challenges, learn and grow from fellow top talent, and help millions of people reach their personal financial goals
• Flexible hours and virtual first work culture with a home office stipend
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Financial advisor and financial wellness support
• Flexible PTO and generous company holidays, including Juneteenth and Winter Break
• All-company in-person events once or twice a year and virtual events throughout to connect with your team members and leadership team
Dave, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is dedicated to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants and do not discriminate on any basis protected by federal, state, or local law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.